( compass.ga.gov moved to gateway.ga.gov ): The Georgia Compass (Common point of Access to Social Service) website has been moved on Georgia Gateway (https://gateway.ga.gov). All the COMPASS accounts has been transferred to Georgia Gateway. If you have taking benefits and created account of compass.ga.gov then you can use your Georgia COMPASS Account User id and password to login at gateway.ga.gov. If you do not have COMPASS Account, you will need to create an account at Georgia Gateway (https://gateway.ga.gov) to take benefits. Here, I am going to share some important information regarding Georgia Gateway (https://gateway.ga.gov).
If you are a resident of Georgia state and want to take advantage of government help, then there is good news for you. Now the Common Point of Access to Social Services has been changed to Gateway. If you are taking advantage of the compass portal then you will know about its help. The user id and password used on the previous website can now be used again on this new website. If you are new then you will have to create your own account on the new website to take benefits of Georgia Public assistance.
gateway.ga.gov provides a simple and easy method for peaple who are the resident of georgia to find out if they might be able to get:
- Help with buying food
- Low or no-cost health care
- Help with buying prescription drugs
- Help with paying for child care
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
To take all the above benefits using this website, you will have fill an account creation form which will take 15 minutes. When you will finish filling application, It will tell you if you may be able to get help through programs like Food Stamps (SNAP), Medicaid, PeachCare for Kids, Child Care, WIC (Women, Infants and Children), TANF (Temporary Assistance for Needy Families).
Things you need to have, to apply for benefits using Georgia COMPASS system or Georgia Gateway:
Before going to create an account on the Georgia Gateway website, you will need to have all the necessory details to fill the application form. For many assistance, this may include detailed information of your income and your expenditure. Apart from this, you will also need following things and details:
- A Computer or Laptop
- An internet Connection
- Must be a Georgia State resident
- Must have income proof.
How to create account at compass.ga.gov or gateway.ga.gov?
Creating a benefits account at Georgia Gateway is quite easy, first of all, you need to make sure that you are eligible for benefits, it will take you 15 minutes. After that you can create your account according to the following instructions. By creating an account on gateway.ga.gov, you will get following feature:
- Apply for benefits
- Check your benefits
- Renew your benefits
- Report changes to your case
- View notices
- Upload documents
Process to create an account at compass.ga.gov or gateway.ga.gov
- First of all, you will have to visit the official website of Georgia COMPASS or https://gateway.ga.gov.
- After that, Check your eligibility. If you are eligible to take benefits then proccede further,
- Now, Click on “Create Account” button.
- After that, A page will open where you will have to enter Your Name and Email Address, User ID and Password, Secret Question and User Acceptance Agreement.
- After that, your account will be created and you will get user id and password to login at https://gateway.ga.gov.
- Now, login to the website and apply for benefits for which you are eligible.
If you have questions or if you need help, please call the Toll-Free Helpline at 1-877-423-4746.